By Dr. Deepti Ghia , M.D
Consultant Dermatologist, Trichologist, Dermatosurgeon (All Doctors Clinic and Kaya Skin Clinic )
- Berries: Strawberries and Cranberries are good sources of this important vitamin.
- Amaranth or Awala: Also commonly referred to as “Indian Gooseberry”, this antioxidant rich fruit is important in ayurvedic medicine.Juice from the alma has about twenty times as much vitamin C as oranges.
- Cabbage family: Cabbages are nutritional kings, as are their relatives, bok choy and brussel sprouts. For vitamin C, raw cabbage is best. But when cooking, it’s best to steam, microwave or stir-fry for maximum retention of other nutrients
- Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits have an abundance of vitamin C, potassium, pectin and phytochemicals that may benefit numerous conditions, including allergies, asthma, cancer, cataracts, heart disease, stroke and the common cold.
- Kiwi fruit: Kiwifruit is an exceptional source of this important vitamin. The antioxidant power of vitamin C is also thought to help prevent cataracts. (One kiwifruit has about 75 mg of vitamin C.)